Equality for Managers
A comprehensive overview of the Equality Act requirement for the fair and equal treatment of all. Lots of examples are used to put the law into 'real life' and aid understanding. This Managers course includes some sophisticated scenarios allowing the learner to practice identifying situations, who is involved and how, and then the best course of action to take.
On completing this course you will understand:
- What being equal and fair means.
- Some examples and effects of discrimination.
- The discrimination and harassment types defined under the law.
- What the protected characteristics are.
- Where lawful discrimination is allowed.
- About pay equality and secrecy.
- How to identify and react to discrimination situations, in a 'virtual' company.
|Core Sector||Hospitality, Retail, Funeral, Business, Warehousing, Distribution, Charity|
|Sub-sector||Restaurant, Hotel, Clothing, Quick Service Restaurant, Pub/bar, Catering, Events, Electrical, Entertainment, Apprenticeships, Fitness, Health, Home/DIY, Beauty, Fashion, Grocery, Leisure, Sport|
|Business Outcomes||Recruitment, Retention, Induction/Onboarding|
|Skill Type/Topic||Teamwork, Mental Health and Wellbeing, Management, Equality|
|Job Type||Manager, Deputy Manager, Supervisor, Director, Operations Director, Finance Director, Learning and Development, HR Manager|