Alcohol Sales Challenge 25 (Scotland) - When to Serve
There's one product area fraught with issues if you don't know what you're doing - that's selling alcohol. This course covers the essential and practical skills you need to sell responsibly and within the law.
You will learn:
- The legal age restrictions for buying and selling alcohol and the consequences of breaking the law.
- What alcohol actually is who enforces the law on its sale.
- About the premises licence and licensed hours for selling alcohol.
- When to ask for ID and how the purchaser and the consumer should be considered.
- Which types of photo identification are acceptable as proof of age when buying alcohol.
- How to recognise and manage fatigue in yourself and others.
- How to understand and act upon wellbeing issues.
- Influencing and negotiation skills to create a safety culture.
We recommend this course is combined with the following to help you comply with alcohol sale regulations:
|Core Sector||Hospitality, Retail|
|Sub-sector||Restaurant, Hotel, Quick Service Restaurant, Pub/bar, Catering, Events|
|Business Outcomes||Compliance, Sales, Service|
|Skill Type/Topic||Health and Safety|
|Job Type||Food and Beverage, Customer Assistant, Sales Assistant|