First Aid Refresher
(Note: THIS COURSE IS FOR TRAINED FIRST AIDERS ONLY to refresh the knowledge learnt in classroom training. It is not intended for anyone else to learn the basics of first aid. If you have not received official first aid training you must not carry out any first aid procedures.) First aid training is a legal requirement in the workplace, but many first aiders lose confidence as time progresses between training. In many instances first aid trained staff may not act and rely on emergency responders rather than their own skills and knowledge. This course is designed to support qualified first aiders in prompting and refreshing their essential knowledge.
On completing this course you will be refreshed on:
- Assessing a situation and what to do in the first instance – primary and secondary surveys and dealing with shock.
- Identifying and dealing with heart attack and stroke victims – how to give CPR.
- Dealing with slips, trips and falls – treating head and spinal injuries and dealing with fainters.
- Signs and treatment of medical conditions – fits, seizures, diabetes, anaphylactic shock, asthma.
- Dealing with injuries from accidents – severe bleeding, sprains/strains, fractures/dislocations, burns/scalds, choking, drowning, electric shock.
|Core Sector||Hospitality, Retail, Funeral, Business, Warehousing, Distribution, Charity|
|Sub-sector||Restaurant, Hotel, Quick Service Restaurant, Pub/bar, Catering, Events, Entertainment|
|Business Outcomes||Compliance, Development|
|Skill Type/Topic||Health and Safety, Fire Safety, First Aid, Security|
|Job Type||Kitchen, Food and Beverage, Customer Assistant, Sales Assistant, Maintenance, Housekeeper, Front of House|