Alcohol Sales - Extra Resources
Do you know the effect alcohol has? You might have experienced being a bit 'merry' but it's more serious than that. Society can suffer from alcohol abuse, with things such as an increase in crime, poor health and damaged relationships. You have a part to play in helping reduce this. Understanding licensing law and building on your Challenge 21 knowledge is the start.
You will learn:
- The impact of alcohol abuse on individuals and those around them.
- The laws on licensing and what they aim to achieve.
- About the different types of licence and the requirements of each.
- Staff and customer offences and the authorities who enforce the law.
- What alcohol is, what a unit is, the safe drinking guidelines and how strong common types of drink are.
- The effects on health and society.
- Your responsibility on deciding who to serve and the consequences of getting it wrong.
We recommend this course is combined with the following to help you comply with alcohol sale regulations:
- Alcohol Sales Challenge 21 - When to Serve (HAA1_01)
- Alcohol Sales Challenge 21 - How to Refuse (HAA1_02)
|Core Sector||Hospitality, Retail|
|Sub-sector||Restaurant, Hotel, Quick Service Restaurant, Pub/bar, Catering, Events|
|Business Outcomes||Compliance, Service|
|Skill Type/Topic||Health and Safety|
|Job Type||Food and Beverage, Customer Assistant, Sales Assistant|